Friday, July 3, 2009

Assignment 1b

Me, Myself and I

Assignment 1b is to develop a prototype from one of th
e two rough from assignment 1a.


We had a comments/critique session during tutorial and I took all the comments into consideration.

Firstly, music was pretty common but I thought I should continue with it because I love music and as Jing mentioned, a good piece of work takes time to refine. :D

Secondly, someone mentioned that my distorted guitar looks abit artificial because we are all used to looking at a normal guitar. I thought that was pretty true and decided to come up with something new. Therefore, I decided I should use my mouth as a 'C'. Moreover, when I am in front of strangers, I would not talk at all or speak minimally but I can get really loud and noisy when I am with people I'm close to as well as things that I love. Since I love playing the guitar, I will be singing and be loud. Therefore, my mouth will be open most of the time!

Thirdly, I decided to use a guitar pick to form the 'A' because I thought the wires should not take much most of the lettering of my name.

Finally, 'SS' would be the wires to the amplifier.

We had another tutorial and I received more comments about my work. It's pretty static and "strict" especially when I'm trying to convey a "I'm-so-happy-playing-the-guitar-mood" because the person and the amplifiers are all straight. Furthermore, my 'C' and 'A' cannot be seen too clearly after printing, thus, I have decided to play with the positioning of my character and other objects around. My wires are still very much forced and I should make them look more natural. I also received more ideas on how to form my 'C' and 'A' and I will work on them to see if it looks nice.

Update


Made some changes to the above diagram by making the mouth bigger, the wires less intentional, tilting the amplifier and the legs are not straight. This is to create a more dynamic picture but it still does not portray the happiness feeling that I want to portray. In addition, the readability of my name is still an issue because its not that easy to read.

Therefore, i decided to change the picture and changed to the above picture by using the 'C' as part of the guitar and the 'A' integrated in the guitar. This has a happier feeling however, this is not a girl which is not me!

Therefore, I changed the person to a girl! Also, I changed the colours to give a happier feeling by using brighter colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment