Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Assignment 4

iN2015

Assignment 4 is to design a poster and boy, it was a real challenge! I was lost initially as I wasn't sure what I can do but after emailing Jing, my doubts were cleared. The objective of my poster is to create awareness to a target audience of secondary school students and maybe upper primary students. I wanted to inform them that through iN2015, education would be actually made easier and you can actually learn on the go. This idea is actually adopted from the IDA iN2015 video whereby the little boy is actually at the zoo asking his teacher about the animals. I thought that this image would be the most effective because I was thinking of putting the little kid in the museum or a shopping mall but the zoo is like more nature-like and it is out in the wild without technology.

I actually drew a giraffe out and asked my brother to pose for me before taking picture of him. The little picture of the teacher is really my teacher's photo which I took last year and this is to portray him like talking to a teacher in the zoo. I wanted to add in the word, "iN2015" below the header - "empowering learners. through infocomm." However, I thought that it would be to crowded on the top and I wanted to "balance" the poster, therefore, i put "iN2015" at the bottom which was bold and in red to highlight.


After printing, I realised that some fonts are actually quite small and cannot be seen especially the words at the bottom while the blue used for the header didn't stand out so I have to work on it.

Moreover, the comments given were that my brother was pretty out of place and I could draw more animals crowding over him to give a pretty comical effect. Another idea would be from the laptop screen, I could show an image of a school to indicate that the school is actually digitialised.
Update


Made changes to the poster by making some animals crowd over my brother. Also, I got rid of the word "Singapore Zoo" because we can only find animals in the zoo! Added a bubble text to indicate that the student is actually speaking to the teacher in the zoo and it is literally learning everywhere you go.. Changed some colours and fonts as well so that the words are more visible and it is easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment