Monday, July 13, 2009

Assignment 3

U C what I C

I am supposed to tell a story in 8 pictures in this assignment. Came up with many storyboards and boy, was it difficult! Some of my stories were either shorter than 8 pictures or more than 8 frames. However, I managed to come up with one.



I applied what Jing taught during lecture whereby I was taught the different kind of shots and camera angles. Therefore, in my first frame, I wanted to portray the character in a majestic and almighty light because she is very confident and proud of herself, hence, using a low angle. The rest of the shots are at eye level angle and I used quite a bit of mid shot and close up shots. I like the 7th picture alot because I took it with the tree in it. I thought it was quite "artistic". In the 3rd shot, I wanted to add the gush of wind as someone is actually running faster than her. After adding it in, I thought it looked weird because the photo is actually speaking and it's real whereas we would normally use those lines as gush of winds in comics. Therefore, I removed it.

Picture 1: She is very proud and confident of herself, thinking that she's the fastest runner around.
Picture 2: She goes running.
Picture 3: Someone runs past her.
Picture 4: She is shocked that someone actually ran past her when she's the fastest runner!
Picture 5: She decided to run faster than the person who ran past her.
Picture 6: She's exhausted despite trying running with all her might and she still cannot catch up with the person.
Picture 7: The person is chasing after the bus.
Picture 8: She's annoyed that she was "competing" against someone who was running after the bus.

Had tutorial and the class pointed out that there is a slight problem in my story whereby I should show the person who's chasing after the bus in the 2nd frame and behind the main character. Also, I should show how she didnt manage to catch up with the person and was exhausted.

Update


Made some changes to the first and second frame by showing that she is really proud that she's a fast runner because she has won medals. In addition, in the second frame, we can now see the second person running behind her. In the third frame, then the second person ran past her and the story is the same..

No comments:

Post a Comment